Tuesday, October 23, 2007

AIT Appointment & Sightseeing

We had our AIT (American Institute in Taiwan) appointment today to get Yu-Lin's visa. Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures of our appointment since cameras, phones, etc. are all prohibited in the building. Our appointment went smoothly and Fion is the absolute best. We are so fortunate to have her because she took care of everything and all we needed to do was answer some questions about us. The entire appointment took 1 one with 50 minutes of us waiting for our turn. During our wait, we met another lady from Seattle that also adopted a 7 mo. old baby from the same agency and als using JOH. This was a her second adoption and second time having MeiRu as her guide.

After the AIT appointment, we skipped visiting Taipei 101 because Yu-Lin did not sleep much last night and only went to the Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall. Dr. Sun Yat-Sen is officially named the founding father of the Republic of China (i.e. Taiwan). It is also interesting to note that Dr. Sun Yat-Sen went to high school at Iolani School in Honolulu, Hawaii. It would be so cool if Yu-Lin also went to Iolani.







Our happy baby!

8 comments:

Anne Marie said...

What a smile! I love his outfit!

Sweetie Pies said...

I love all your blogs!!!! It'll be fantastic if you can keep it up once your son is home! I have a hard time! hehe. You and Derek looks sooo happy!
Hey... I was wondering if I can have some info on your dog trainer, Sabrina later on....
Thanks!
Cindy

Rochelle Ito said...

Hey!!! Love the new photos!! As I'm looking at them, I still can't believe it. I am soo happy for you guys, words cannot explain :)

Can't wait to see you!

Love,
Rochelle

Anonymous said...

What a great little guy!!! It is a joy to see your family.

=Deirdre

JEff said...

He Is just a doll!

Kerry said...

What a handsome little guy! He looks so happy and content. So happy you finally have him in your arms!

jen said...

I did not think it was possible, but Yu Lin is even cuter in person! We are so lucky we got to meet you guys and your baby!

Thanks!
jen

Sherry said...

Looks like you guys have been together since day 1. I love seeing these travel picture! How nice to meet another family adopting in person. :)